Assumption Greek Orthodox Church
The Assumption Greek Orthodox Church of St. Louis began in a small church located in the city in 1940. The historic congregation has moved through the city until reaching its present destination in Town and Country in 1978. It is equipped with its own Basilica and community center, designed by an artist who lived and trained in Greece. The Church is decorated with large displays of religious iconography.
The Assumption Greek Orthodox Church is a hub for the Orthodox and Greek community, offering luncheons, social gatherings and the annual Greek Festival held in May.
- Handicap Accessible: 12 handicapped spots
- Founding Date: 1940 in St. Louis City; 1972 in present location
- Parking: Free lot
- Denomination: Greek Orthodox, Orthodox
- Services: Choir/music programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: No