It’s the season of pothole repairing and striping work for MoDOT crews and their multiple “moving” work zones. The work requires frequent short-term stops or reduced speed on busy interstates and roadways.
MoDOT is promising to repair most potholes within 24-hours of them being reported. Drivers should report potholes by calling 1-888-ASK-MoDOT or online at MoDOT.org.
Motorists should be on the lookout for trucks and give them plenty of room to work. When motorists see orange signs, they are there for a reason - Slow down and be alert. Don’t Barrel Through Work Zones.
Motorists should be aware of the following on-going closures:
- I-64, St. Louis City, the Vandeventer ramp to westbound I-64 is closed until late 2013.
- I-64, St. Louis City, drivers in both directions will have three shifted, 10-foot lanes between Kingshighway and Vandeventer until November 2013. The rightmost lane of eastbound I-64 will exit at Hampton.
- Wellington, St. Louis City, the Wellington bridge closed over the River Des Peres until April 2013. Detour to Jamieson Avenue bridge.
- I-70, (westbound section of the Interstate 70 Blanchette bridge over the Missouri River) will remain closed until fall 2013. The eastbound I-70 bridge has three lanes of traffic in each direction. The ramp from northbound 5th Street to eastbound I-70 is closed until fall 2013.
- I-70, St. Charles County, Loop ramps from Mid Rivers Mall Drive to eastbound and westbound I-70 remain closed for construction of ramp for Diverging Diamond Interchange at this location.
- Route 370, St. Charles County, westbound lane 3 (outside lane) remains closed from eastbound I-70 off-ramp to the Mid Rivers Mall Drive exit.