During this holiday weekend, motorists need to be aware of two major impacts to traffic.
All lanes and ramps of Interstate 64 between Hampton and Forest Park avenues will be closed from Friday night until early Monday morning. In addition, westbound Interstate 70 at the Blanchette Missouri River Bridge will be reduced to only one lane open late Friday night until early Saturday morning.
The detour for westbound I-64 will be to get off the interstate at the Forest Park Avenue exit (exit 38A) and follow Forest Park Avenue to Kingshighway. After turning left onto Kingshighway, drivers will follow Kingshighway back to the interstate.
The detour for eastbound I-64 will be to get off the interstate at the Hampton Avenue exit (exit 34B), turn right on Hampton and follow it to eastbound I-44. Drivers can then take I-44 to the Poplar Street Bridge.
While the interstate is closed, crews will relocate several utilities under the roadway as part of a project to construct a new interchange at Tower Grove and Boyle and replace four bridges over the interstate. The ramps from McCausland/Skinker, Hampton and Kingshighway to eastbound I-64 will be closed during this time. In addition, the ramps from Pine, Jefferson, Market and Grand to westbound I-64 will be closed during this time. Crews will reopen the interstate and all ramps by 3 a.m. Monday, April 1.
Motorists should be aware of the following on-going closures:
- I-64, St. Louis City, the Vandeventer ramp to westbound I-64 is closed until late 2013.
- I-64, St. Louis City, drivers in both directions will have three shifted, 10-foot lanes between Kingshighway and Vandeventer until November 2013. The rightmost lane of eastbound I-64 will exit at Hampton.
- Wellington, St. Louis City, the Wellington bridge closed over the River Des Peres until April 2013. Detour to Jamieson Avenue bridge.
- I-70, (westbound section of the Interstate 70 Blanchette bridge over the Missouri River) will remain closed until fall 2013. The eastbound I-70 bridge has three lanes of traffic in each direction. The ramp from northbound 5th Street to eastbound I-70 is closed until fall 2013.
- I-70, St. Charles County, loop ramps from Mid Rivers Mall Drive to eastbound and westbound I-70 remain closed for construction of ramp for Diverging Diamond Interchange at this location until fall 2013.
- I-70, St. Charles County, far right lane westbound remains closed from Route 370 to the Mid Rivers Mall Drive exit until fall 2013.