.

No Injuries in Town and Country House Fire

Fire crews said the fire appears to be accidental.

According to a news release, the responded to the house fire at 13000 Clayton Rd., just before 1 a.m. Thursday. The home is located just west of Topping Road.

(Sign up here for the FREE Patch Newsletter, including Breaking News Alerts.)

In the release, Fire Marshal Terry DeGuentz stated tha the fire was actually noticed by a who was on patrol.

Deguentz said the fire originated in the kitchen and spread to the adjoining rooms, but fire crews were able to get to the blaze in time to prevent it from spreading throughout the house. It was contained to first floor. 

The home was reportedly recently vacated and it appears the items still inside were being gathered for a sale.

No word yet on an exact cause, but the initial investigation indicates the fire was accidental.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »