St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Jason Motte, known for his beard and spunk, will be stepping up to the plate for a fundraiser event at Fizzy's Soda Fountain and Grill in Webster Groves.
Want to meet Jason and get involved with the charity he's supporting? Here are seven things to know about the upcoming event:
- Jason will be at Fizzy's Sept. 22 from 3-5 p.m. to sign autographs.
- Autographs will be $10 for adults and $5 for children under the age of 16. All proceeds benefit Friends of Kids with Cancer.
- Fizzy's is donating 10 percent of sales that day to Friends of Kids with Cancer.
- Friends of Kids with Cancer is based in St. Louis. The charity benefits families with children battling cancer in the St. Louis area.
- Fizzy's is opening up a silent auction for dinner with Jason. The winner will be able to choose three people to participate with them. Fizzy's will be providing the food with auction donations benefiting Friends of Kids with Cancer.
- To participate in the silent auction, message Fizzy's on Facebook or Twitter, or stop by the shop at 29 North Gore Avenue in Webster Groves.
- Track the event on Facebook for updates.