Police: Man Choked Girlfriend with Belt, Hands
St. Louis County Police said the man also fought with officers who arrested him.
A West County man faces criminal charges after police said he choked his girlfriend with his belt and with his hands, injuring her.
Gabriel Mills, 35, of Carriage Creek Court in unincorporated St. Louis County near Manchester, was charged Sunday with second-degree domestic assault and resisting arrest.
St. Louis County Police said when officers attempted to arrest Mills, he fought with and kicked the arresting officers.
Mills is being held in St. Louis County jail. Bail was set at $20,000.
If you have experienced or know someone who has experienced domestic or sexual violence, find resources through the St. Louis Ending Violence Against Women Network (SLEVAWN) or call the Safe Connections 24-hour crisis hotline at 314-531-2003.
For more crime information on Town and Country - Manchester Patch, see the following articles:
- Arrest in Connection to Attempted Walmart Theft and Police Chase
- Police: Man Walks Out of Schnucks Without Paying For $700 in Liquor, Groceries
- Man Pawned Property Stolen From Town and Country, Police Say
- Manchester Police Investigate Recent Thefts
- Houseguest Stole $5,000 From Woman's Bank Account, Police Say
- Former Nursing Home Worker Charged With Stealing From Residents
- DNA Evidence Links Man to 2010 Burglary, Police Say