Local Businesses Open Christmas Day
Here's a list of 10 Town and Country and Manchester businesses and restaurants open Christmas Day.
Whether you are too tired to cook, need some last minute groceries, or want to grab a drink after dinner, some businesses in Manchester City and Town and Country will remain open during Christmas Day.
Here's a list of ten places just waiting for you this holiday:
- Start the day with a breakfast at Uncle Bill's Pancake and Dinner House, which is open from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. Uncle Bill's offers both breakfast food and home made dinner. Find vegetarian options, sandwiches and much more.
- Panda Palace, which offers Chinese/Szechuan cuisine, is open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. For an adventurous Christmas try the signature Smoked Fish Steak or Treasure Tofu in their spacious, beautifully decorated dinning area.
- Find anything from produce, meats, spices and candy at the Mid-East Market, which is open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. If you are craving food on the go, the Mid-East Market's deli offers everything from pizzas, gyros, spicy wings and much more.
- With a popular mix of Afghan and American cuisine, Kabob Palace, which is open from 11:30 a.m. to 9 p.m., sells everything from lamb kabobs, spicy chicken pasta gyros and more. Finish a great holiday with the home-made baklava. Voted "Best Middle Eastern Restaurant" in 2005 by the River Front Times.
- Relax in the quiet environment of India's Kitchen. Open from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., India's Kitchen has one of the most complete menus when it comes to Indian cuisine. Start your holiday meal with a samosa or their lentil soup, follow it with one of the many traditional entries such as lamb, beef or chicken curry and finish with their famous indian Kheer—rice pudding.
- For a variety of Asian dishes visit Hunan & Peking Garden, open from 4:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.. Owned by the Lin family, this award-winning restaurant offers Cantonese, Shanghai and Hunan dishes and has a romantic, elegant atmosphere—great for a late-night dinner.
- Find the best of two worlds in China in Bombay, which offers a mix of Chinese and Indian cuisine and is open from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and from 4:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Enjoy traditional dishes such as wonton soup, sweet and sour chicken and crab rangoon, or adventure to the world of spicy dishes such as the "Devil's Steak." Bring your vegetarian friends to enjoy their 13-entre vegetarian menu.
- Have a fun Christmas night at Hotshots Sports Bar & Grill open from 5 p.m., 1:30 a.m. Hotshots will keep you entertained with its sports-bar atmosphere, billiards, darts and video games. Staff recommends trying a hamburger, pizza or hot wings along with your drink.
- This Christmas sing along at the Island Bar during Karaoke night. The Island Bar will open from 11 a.m. to 1:30 a.m.
- For any last-minute purchases, whether it's a Christmas card, a bottle of wine or a gallon of milk, the two Walgreens stores located in Manchester are open Christmas Day. Walgreens located at the corner of Baxter and Manchester road is open from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m., and Walgreens located at the corner of Weidman and Manchester road is open 24 hours.