New Route 141 Opens This Weekend; WB I-64 Lanes Close Downtown
The Missouri Department of Transportation will open the new Route 141 this weekend and the Page-Olive connector.
Relocated Route 141 and Page-Olive Connector to Open
The Missouri Department of Transportation and St. Louis County will celebrate the completion of two projects with a joint ribbon cutting event on Saturday, July 14. Both the relocated Route 141 and the Page-Olive Connector projects will open Saturday afternoon. The public is cordially invited to join MoDOT and the county for a morning's worth of events. They include a 10K run; open walking, running and cycling on the new roadway; and a ribbon cutting ceremony at 10 a.m.
Parking for the event will be at the Parkway Central High School complex. Shuttle service will be available from the complex to the ceremony location at Olive Boulevard.
As previously reported by Patch, MoDOT will close a section of Woods Mill Road in Town and Country from Parkway Central School campus to Ladue Road after Route 141 reopens Saturday. Crews will complete the new connection to Ladue Road. Woods Mill Road will reopen in mid-August.
(Read Previous Story: Woods Mill Road Closing After New Route 141 Opens)
MoDOT closes all westbound I-64 lanes in downtown this weekend
MoDOT will close all lanes on westbound Interstate 64 between Broadway and 21st Street this weekend.
The closure will begin at 10 a.m., Friday. All lanes, except for the left lane, will be open by 5:30 a.m., Monday. During the closure, ramps from 10th and 14th streets will remain open to westbound I-64. Motorists are urged to take westbound Interstate 44 to Jefferson Avenue as a detour to access westbound I-64.
Motorists should be aware of the following on-going closures:
- I-270, St. Louis County, all northbound and southbound lanes closed from I-44 to Manchester Road for up to 15 minutes at 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. on weekdays until August 2012.
- I-44, St. Louis County, one lane closed in each direction from Lewis Road to Antire Road until mid-September 2012. Two lanes in each direction are open in this section around the clock. A third westbound lane opens from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays during the evening rush period.
- I-64, St. Louis City, the Broadway ramp to westbound I-64 will be closed until October.
- I-64, St. Louis City, one westbound I-64 lane will be closed from Broadway to 21st Street around the clock until October.
- I-70, St. Louis City, right lane on eastbound I-70 closed from St. Louis Avenue to Broadway until summer 2012.
- I-70, St. Louis City, entrance ramp from 11th Street to eastbound I-70 closed until summer 2012.
- Grand Blvd, St. Louis City, closed from I-64 to Chouteau by St. Louis City until mid 2012.
- Wellington, St. Louis City, closed over the River Des Peres until late 2012.
- Baxter Road, St. Louis County, Baxter Road is closed between Route HH and Clarkson, through the summer.
- I-55, Jefferson County, until November, the ramp from northbound I-55 to Route M is closed.
READ RELATED STORIES: